I had a lady contact me prior to Christmas to see if I could make her some zombie character hats for both boys and girls, but, she wanted to have names embroidered on the back of a few. I told her that would be no problem and that it can be done as I have done it before.
So work began on the hats. I had an assembly line going for each phase. The first phase was to get the base itself done. This was probably the longest phase. Some had to be for children and other adults and some I wasn’t sure who was getting them. One night I was working on one of the hats and realized I think I made Kyle’s hat (from South Park).
Once the bases where done the next part (and again another long phase) was to get the eyes made. I wasn’t sure who was getting what or that so I decided to make them the same as I didn’t want long parts hanging down for children to break. Once the eyes were done I pinned them in place and sewed them on. Then I realized it looked like I had a tote full of Muppets looking at me.
The next phase was to put some sort of nose and mouth features on them. When I asked Maddy if zombie’s have noses, that began the great zombie nose debate. But in all honesty I put something on anyway.
Next was to embroider names and finally put tassels on the ear flap ones. I’m sorry but I did forget to take a picture of them all with the ear flaps but I do have one.