This summer hubby has been on me about making him some welding caps. Oh, the dread as I was busy working with the MLBD on their stuff and the normal chaos of everyday life for the most part. But being the good wife and such that I am I took him to the craft store so he could pick out the material that he liked. I mean, if I would pick out his material he would just say no to whatever I picked out. I mean come on, I think farm animals or deers are cute. *giggles*
Well, now the work began because believe it or not there are no patterns for welding caps. No wonder they cost so much to buy. So I studied his cap he left here for me and I put a pattern together and even allowed for extra for seam allowance. Cut and sewed the first part. Now, let me back up a minute. He wanted his caps to be reversible, so it’s not a standard cap. Back to the story. I then went and put it on his head. It was just a little snug. So I adjusted the pattern and cut the pieces out and sewed up. Try the next one on. Fit great! So I made the second half and then sewed the two together and it was perfect. Now I had to take the first one apart and add some material so me and my handy dandy seam ripper got to work. Fixed the first and second part and put together. Perfect!